Three Rivers Library offers many services to Three Rivers-area middle schools and high schools.
Your Young Adult Librarian can:
– When given advance notice, ensure that materials are available for school projects and homework assignments
-Provide training to staff or students on how to effectively use and evaluate any of the library resources, such as online databases, web sites, magazines, reference materials, books and more.
– Assemble thematic collections of materials, which are checked out to the teacher for classroom use
– Find needed materials outside of the library via interlibrary loan and other means
– Recommend appropriate books and materials for specific age groups or for a specific topic
– Conduct “booktalks” to get your students excited about reading
– Come to your school or classroom and issue library cards
– Develop “pathfinders,” or lists of recommended resources for students to use for a particular research topic
-Help you organize a school tour for your class at TRPL
During your tour or group visit TRPL can also provide:
-A tour of the Library, highlighting departments of interest
-Catalog and MEL (Michigan eLibrary) training
-An overview of print resources in a subject area
-An overview of electronic resources in a subject area
-Reference support to older students or adult learners working on independent projects
-Registration for library cards
Please remember: students and group members will need valid library cards to check out materials or use computers.
Teachers, if you are interested in scheduling a time for class workshops at TRPL, please download and complete the form below and e-mail or fax the document to the YA Librarian. Please book these visits at least 3 weeks in advance.
For more information, please contact:
Young Adult Librarian
Three Rivers Public Library
920 W. Michigan Avenue
Three Rivers, MI 49093